Join a provider-led, multi-specialty group practice that is part of a financially strong and stable health system and clinical affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital. Foundation Medical Partners, located in Nashua, New Hampshire is looking for an experienced Oncology Nurse Practitioner who is interested in joining very busy, established practice with a large referral base. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct care to oncology/hematology patients in collaboration with the physicians
- Utilizes advanced nursing knowledge to identify, prevent or solve complex and/or recurring patient care problems
- Follows and manages patients (and their families) to ensure quality care and outcomes
- Collaborates with physicians, pharmacy and nursing team to develop and implement a comprehensive treatment plan and to coordinate necessary resources
- Performs medically delegated aspects of patient care as agreed upon by the physicians, pharmacy and nursing staff according to practice guidelines
- Prepares and signs orders for chemotherapy, blood transfusion & direct admissions in accordance with current guidelines
- Writes prescriptions as required
- Obtains consents for procedures, chemotherapy and blood transfusions
- Facilitates the care of guest patients (writing orders for IVIG, IV Iron, Non-Oncology chemo infusions) referred by other Medical Specialty providers (low volume).
- Maintains and practices in accordance with practitioner guidelines per state and hospital regulations
- Provide consultation to nurses, pharmacy and physicians as time permits
- Serves as resource to staff in areas of expertise as time permits
- Resource for symptom management and hypersensitivity reactions in the Infusion room as time permits
- Provides “Bridge” visit after completion of definitive cancer treatment which includes symptom assessment, delivery of survivorship care plan and orders appropriate referrals as time permits
- Responsible for the oversight of the infusion area when physicians are rounding at the hospital or attending meetings on campus
- Provide education to patients
- Provides backup support for patient education for IV and Oral Chemotherapy as time permits
The Medical Center is a 188 bed acute care hospital. Nashua is located less than one hour north of Boston and is also less than one hour from the ocean and mountains. Nashua was twice named "Best Place to Live in America" in annual surveys by Money magazine, and there are excellent schools in the surrounding communities. We offer competitive salary and benefits package.
* Sorry, this position is NOT a J1 opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.